Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Beach Trip

I have been AWOL from my blog for a while and I am glad to be back.  To be honest, like I promised I would be, I got a nasty Facebook comment about my last blog entry and I was pretty shell-shocked.  So, before I continue, I will urge you to quit reading if you don't want to hear about my family and/or my life.  That's what my blog is about.

We have been doing summer.  I have been on vacation from work for the past two weeks and have enjoyed a ton of family time.  We rented a house at the beach and we celebrated our dear friends' 30th anniversary as they renewed their wedding vows.

Kirk and Lora were some of our first friends when we moved to Clatskanie and we have one of those friendships that picks up where it left off regardless of how long it is between visits.  They live in Iowa now and we are able to visit every year or two.

Our kids love the beach and the boys scared me to death by climbing every large rock formation they could find:


We flew a kite, played on the beach, laughed, and rode the rides.  It was perfect.









We made precious memories together as a family.  As my children have grown older, and some have moved away, I have come to value these times above all else.  As Michael J. Fox says, "Family is not the most important thing, it is everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment