Friday, June 19, 2015

Change

How do you feel about change?  If you live in my family it happens on a daily basis and you never know what is coming next.  Some people thrive on this sort of existence.  I would not say that describes me but I realized something today.  Our family is always changing and that is not the norm.  Most people cannot imagine coming home and not knowing how many children you have, as Toby has quite often.

For most people, if you give birth to two children, your family has two children.  Not our family.  Our numbers and dynamics change regularly.  I mentioned that we have had our former Little Miss return to our home this week.  I am glad that we were able to provide a familiar environment for her, but she has experienced so much loss that this is not a "win" for us.  That is hard for Angie to understand because she is so happy to have her friend back.  And yet, we are grieving for our Little Miss.

Did I mention that I am going to be a grandma?  Actually twice in the next few months.  So bizarre, isn't it?  There is so much to consider.  I am praying constantly for my future grandchildren's health and safety and for their parents.  Another change for us.  And so much joy.

Toby and I are considering some other really positive changes for our family, too, but we are not ready to reveal them yet. I think that 2015 is going to become a banner year for the Harris family but we will have to see what comes of our plans.

Angie had a sleep study last night.  What an experience!  OHSU performs their sleep studies at the Marriott Residence Inn, which is a very comfortable hotel.  However, the experience of sleeping in a room with a camera in it all night was not comfortable and by the time it was over I am sure the technician suspected that I was the one needing a sleep study.  Angie was a trooper, though. She fell asleep 10 minutes after getting in bed and she woke up exactly 10 minutes before the end of the study.  How anyone can sleep with all of this on is a mystery to me:


We are anxious for the results so we can try to help our girl sleep better.  We can cross one more adventure off our list.  Angie is having another laser treatment on her face and arms on Monday, so she will be sporting her "polka dots" again.

Like I said, change is what we are about.  Keep posted, I am sure there is more to come.......

No comments:

Post a Comment