Saturday, December 12, 2015

Welcome to the World

I had the ultimate privilege this week.........I was present for the birth of my grandson, Ezra.  I had never witnessed the birth of someone else's child and I have to tell you this has been at the top of my very short Bucket List.  I am weird like that.  Well, I was not disappointed.  The experience was beyond words.

Poor Kirsten had a long, difficult labor followed by a c-section.  As a parent, it was excruciating to watch her labor and become exhausted and not have the result she wanted. She was amazing and strong, but the baby was just not cooperating.  I would have taken her place in a minute if I could have.  Finally, she was taken to the OR and I got to go too!

Baby Ezra is here and he is perfect. The method makes no difference when you have a healthy baby and Momma.  It was so precious to see them meet for the first time:



For those of you who love statistics, Ezra weighs 7 pounds, 13 ounces and he is 21.25 inches long.  Isn't his hair amazing?  I can't stop touching it!! I think he and Grandma are going to be best friends:


I am grateful for Ezra's safe arrival and I can't wait to get to know him better. Being able to be present at his birth was one of the most meaningful experiences of my life and I will hold in my heart always.   He is the perfect early Christmas gift to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment