Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Miracles

I named this blog Life After a Miracle in response to the miracle we have received in Angie's renewal after life-saving surgery.  Since that time, there have been other miracles along the way but also many serious challenges for our family.  I have shared both and I hope that my blog has not veered from the theme that I am overwhelmingly grateful for the miracles God has bestowed on us.

When the challenges come, it is tempting to let them overshadow the good before us.  We forget to be grateful or we just can't do it.  I have been guilty of this recently and although I do not really believe in New Year's resolutions, I want to try focus on being grateful in the midst of challenges as the new year begins.  This has been a difficult year for our family and maybe it was for yours too.  We have experienced geographical separation, strained relationships, parenting roadblocks, medical concerns, and job changes.  It has been hard.  The challenges have been mixed in with personal victories, major growth, new life, strengthened faith, and the love and support of good friends, but I have not always remembered to be grateful.

We have much to look forward to.  I firmly believe that Angie will be adopted in 2016.  I will watch my grandchildren grow into almost-toddlers.  I will continue to be touched by living in a community that cares and takes care of one another.  And, I will strive to be as effective as possible in my new leadership position.  There will be miracles and surprises that I can't predict also, I am sure.

I am the same as you..........it is easy to become discouraged. Let's just admit that we are and support one another through the hard days.  Some days, it will be easy to be grateful and other days, it will be nearly impossible.  It is okay.  I want to leave you with an incredibly inspiring miracle.  I think you will agree that it is truly amazing and I hope it is a blessing to you as it has been to me.  Anything is possible my friends:







No comments:

Post a Comment