Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Our "Stay Home" Days

Today was one of what Angie calls our "stay home" days.  Not because we always stay home, but because I do not go to work.  She asks each morning if it is a "stay home" day and today it was!  Here is what our "stay home day" looked like today:

Blowing Bubbles













 Making Halloween Treat Bags 


Snuggling With Mom




I love our "stay home" days, too.  Angie is so much fun to spend time with and she makes me laugh.  All. Day. Long.  I can easily become WAY too serious so the laughter is truly a gift.  

I am sharing the highlights, but since I said I was going to be real on this blog, I will share the low points, too.  Life isn't all about blowing bubbles, after all.  Angie woke up crabby and her mood did not improve at school.  The poor substitute teacher got to hear all of Angie's "choice words" as Ms. Stafford calls them and I am sure she was less than impressed.  I know I was not impressed.  This afternoon, Angie was supposed to have a family visit that didn't happen and although she didn't realize it was scheduled, I was completely disappointed and I cannot imagine anything that would keep me from visiting her once every 3 months.  That is about as real as it gets. You make time for what is important to you.  

Tomorrow is a new day. We have saturated our conversations with examples of "nice words" as opposed to "naughty words" and I know Angie is taking it in.  She has an amazing team of people guiding her at school and they have set the scene for success.  It is coming.  I just know it.  Now, maybe we can all pray for it too, just to make sure?




No comments:

Post a Comment