Friday, June 27, 2014

The story is not over

When I wrote the post about Angie getting her special bed (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/angiegrover/journal/view/id/51c159796ca00470291a453d) I knew that we had been allowed to participate in something very special.  But, really, I had no idea how big this experience would get.  How could I?

Even last week, when I wrote about the delivery of the bed to another special child and his mom, I had no idea.  I thought the story was over.  If you are tired of this story, please feel free to switch back to cruising Facebook or Pinterest now.  It is ok.  I will never know.  But there is a truly incredible ending to this story (or is it another beginning?) and I have to share it to give it the honor that is due.

The day after Toby and the boys delivered the bed, he told me that he had felt to compelled to pray with the child and parent that had received the bed before leaving their apartment.  He and the boys gathered around them and they prayed.  To be honest, I do not know what was prayed, but it doesn't matter because I know that God heard and that the words were perfect for the moment.

Today, I received an email from my friend Kristy and this is what it said, "Hello Kara & Toby,  I wanted to write you and share some exciting news! I called ------  to check in & talk with her about the bed & the parts that are on order. I asked how the bed is working for -------& she was thrilled!

She said that Toby & your boys are just wonderful & that they prayed for her. She said it was so needed and wonderful. At that point I saw a beautiful opening to talk about Jesus and I asked her if she had accepted Him as her Lord & Savior. She said she hadn't & that she had gone as a child w/her Grandma to Jehovah Witness church & that she was married to a 'Jack' Mormon, she said that she didn't believe neither of those beliefs and so they never stuck. 

At that point I asked her if she wanted to receive Christ as her Lord & Savior & she said YES! I lead her in prayer & she received her salvation. HOW AWESOME! Thank you Kara for your prayers & for you Toby for leading the way & your and your boys prayer for her & her son. What you all have done is so wonderful & I just wanted to share how the Lord used us to lead her to Him. "

I cried.  Even reading it now, I want to cry.  To know that my boys were present at a time when this family most needed to know someone cared is priceless.  To learn that my husband prayed with this stranger for her child warms my heart.  And to hear that this woman has a new hope for her future is the best news of all.  At the end of the day, it is the people of the story that really matter.

All of this brings me back to Angie and her endless gifts to us.  If not for Angie, we would have not experienced this awesome, full-circle, life-changing miracle.  To see lives changed is to truly experience life and I am so grateful for the privilege of having my family touched by this miracle.  We have been given an awesome gift in this precious child, a changed perspective on life and an awareness of what is really important.  Please pray for this precious mom and her child.  They are fighting a difficult battle and they are now held close in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment