Sunday, May 17, 2015

Angie turned seven last week.  Seven!!!  Can you believe it?  I could not write about it at that the time because I truly was speechless.  I am not sure what is different about this birthday, but it really made me think.......

I used to think that Angie cheated death when she overcame her life-threatening seizures.  In fact I counted on it.  I now realize that I was wrong.  So wrong.  If God had intended death for Angie back then, it would have happened.  God does not make mistakes.  He intended all along for Angie to remain on this Earth to teach us what really matters.  Her job is so important.  Her life is a gift to us all.



She is doing an amazing job, don't you think?  Really, it is easy to provide pat explanations, but if you know Angie, you know that this is true of her.  She makes Toby and I laugh every single day.  We never have to worry about taking ourselves too seriously.  She calls me "sweetheart" and she never meets a person without introducing herself and saying, "nice to meet you".  She faces every challenge with a smile and she never complains about the activities she cannot participate in.  She is willing to try anything.  How many of us can say that?

My life is better for having this precious girl in it.  Her future remains unknown and we never forget that insidious Sturge-Weber syndrome has taken for too many precious angels too soon.  Today, I am grateful for the seven years and the gift of a new perspective on life.  God is in charge of this journey and I am excited to see where it leads us next.

I want to leave you with a couple of more pictures from Angie's bowling party yesterday.  She absolutely loved it!




Journey on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment