Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Feeling It All

Someone recently told me that all of their feelings were coming out so strong.  They were actually describing their newly-developed potential to cry at any given moment, which had become a bit concerning to them.  I do not have the same potential, at least I don't think so, but this weekend I experienced something close....... so many feelings.

Toby and I attended two weddings last weekend.  There is nothing like a wedding to make a person feel a little weepy, right?  The first bride was a longtime employee of Fultano's who is near and dear to our hearts.  She has moved on to a new job and started a family now and it was a joy to see her married and happy.  The second bride was precious Mackenzie, who has been Jordan's best friend for forever and a day.  Sweet Mackenzie practically grew up in our home because she and Jordan were inseparable.  She has overcome a serious illness, given birth to a precious son, and has shown infinite grace throughout her challenges.  Last weekend, she married her best friend, little Roman's father, David.


My feelings were overwhelming as I watched these young couples commit their lives to one another.  So much hope and promise!!!  But also, I thought of the struggles that were sure to come as the years go by and how they could grow closer as they overcame the challenges.  I have learned to appreciate the growth that comes from being in the hard places together.  It some ways, it is just as important as the joy that comes on easy days.  What a gift these couples have opened.  I am excited for them to begin the journey.

Another journey is beginning, too.  Kaeley and Tristan will meet their baby girl soon.  Kaeley is less than four weeks from her due date.  Last Sunday, I attended her baby shower and the feelings arrived in full force! She is one of the most beautiful expectant moms.  All of the memories of my own pregnancy came again and I was overwhelmed.  I remembered how, being a first-time mom, I was scared to death by the responsibility of caring for my newborn baby.  We learned together over the days and years and eventually my joy overrode the fear. Oh, the joy that baby girl brought me!


I can't wait for Kaeley to experience motherhood.  There is no experience to match the blessing of the birth of a baby.  She will be forever changed. Her heart will grow to wrap around her little girl and she will protect her little one with amazing ferocity.

So much hope and love poured into one weekend.  I guess maybe I am getting to that stage in life when I become a weepy old woman.  I can't help it though.  The next generation is coming and I am both excited and terrified to see what comes next.  Congratulations to Mary and Zach, Mackenzie and David, and Kaeley and Tristan.  Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment