Sunday, November 15, 2015

Disconnect

There is a huge disconnect between Angie and the child welfare system. This girl wants to be adopted and she does not understand why it has not happened already. Let's be clear about one thing before I continue........Angie has been in foster care for 7.5 years so far.  We would have adopted her at day one.  You can do the math.

The next most important fact is this.....Angie knows she is foster care and she wants to be adopted more than anything.  Every single night when I put her to bed she tells me that she wants to be adopted.  Last night, she said, "Mom, I hope I don't have to move away."  My heart is broken.

There have been two children with seizure disorders who passed away this week. I cannot stand the thought of my child dying this way, adopted or not.  The struggle is real.  Despite her current seizure-free status, Angie is just as much at risk for sudden death from seizure.

We are trying to work through the process but it seems to be stalled. We are helpless to move the process forward, unless we hire our own lawyer.  Maybe we will eventually.  For now, we must navigate between reassuring Angie and trying to advocate for her adoption to be completed.

It becomes more difficult each day and we are frustrated too.  Please pray for our family. These are difficult days. And then , we have a new puppy and a grandchild coming any day too. Oh Boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment