Sunday, November 1, 2015

Overwhelmed

I am feeling overwhelmed by emotion.  We have just been flooded by significant events and the emotions have surprised me.  So much goodness.....

Levi moved home last week and it feels so good to have our family in one place again.  It just feels right.  Not without anxiety, but right.  How will we keep him safe?  What if someone takes advantage of his limited problem-solving skills? Will the kids at school be nice to him?  We don't know yet, and the unknowns are very real.  But, he is HOME.

And then, yesterday, this happened......



Kaeley surprised us by coming to Clatskanie and we met our precious granddaughter, Piper Rose, for the very first time.  There are no words.  This love is so different from any other I have ever experienced. She has stolen my heart.  The love that I feel for Kaeley is just compounded into this little one.  She is so perfect! Because I am adopted, I think that biological relationships become even more meaningful. Little Piper is the perfect combination of Kaeley and Jordan and I suspect she may prove to have some of Kirsten's personality down the road. I am overwhelmed. So many feelings......

Our family has been so blessed.  Another grandchild will arrive in a few weeks and I will explode with love once again. Who knew that life could be so rich?  And yet, we struggle daily with the challenges of raising children with special needs and balancing all of the other demands of life.  I wouldn't trade my life for all of the money for the world.  If you are still reading, thank you for being a part of this crazy life.  There is more to come and I can't wait to see what the future brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment