Friday, May 18, 2018

Looking Forward

A few months ago, I wrote this post about Levi returning home:

http://miracleshappen527.blogspot.com/2018/01/starting-over.html

Reading it tonight brings it all back.  I was terrified that Levi would not be accepted at school and in the community.  I wanted so badly for him to have a smooth transition and to find his place among his peers.  I have waited but I think it is safe to say that is exactly what has happened.  He is truly home.



I have been feeling so grateful.  I am grateful for the love and acceptance Levi has received from friends, family, and caring community members.  I am grateful that barely a day goes by without someone asking me how he is doing.  I am grateful for a family that is whole again and the peace and relief that comes with that knowledge.  

Life is uncertain and that fact can be terrifying if you let it overcome you.  We have been dealt unwelcome surprises and disappointments over the years, and there is no guarantee that we will not have more to come.  I am working hard to appreciate the present and to look toward the future.  We have worked hard for this.  Our family has proven itself to be strong and we will weather whatever comes next as we have everything else-together.  Thank you, my friends, for your unwavering support.  You will never know how much it means.





No comments:

Post a Comment