Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Change

I have been noticing a change in Miss Angie lately.  She is growing up.  All of a sudden, she has a maturity and composure about her that is new.  I read a quote today that said, "She quietly expected great things to happen to her, and no doubt that is one of the reasons why they did."  I think that sums her up perfectly.

Today was Hat Day at school as part of the celebration of Sr. Suess' birthday.  I would say she nailed it:

Sometimes I forget how hard simple tasks can be for Angie.  Things that others take for granted like getting into a chair, getting onto the school bus or in and out of a car, writing, learning, or sleeping through the night.  All of these things take so much effort for our girl.  And the reason I forget this is because she does not complain.  Ever.  She takes her lot in life in stride and she never says, "I wish I could"...........anything.

I wish I could say the same about myself, but instead I am all too happy to have a pity party when life does not deliver what I think I deserve.  You too?  It is hard not to be discouraged, isn't it?  To be honest, I don't know how she does it.  It is easy to say, "She has never known anything else", but really?  I think I would still be frustrated and angry most of the day if I had to work as hard as she does.

This little girl is my hero.  Without her in my life, I think I would be stuck in my pity party indefinitely.  Instead, I have a living breathing miracle to remind me that NOTHING is impossible.  She never gives up.  Every day I wake up and thank God for another day with this precious child.  Before I go, I want to share a video I took the other day.  It is the perfect example of the joy that is bursting from Miss Angie's little body.  I have watched it a hundred times already.  Hope you like it too.......






No comments:

Post a Comment