Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekend Fun

We took the kids to Great Wolf Lodge this weekend.  I think most of the rest of the world took their kids too.  We had a fun, crazy, busy weekend and it was wonderful to be there together.  Toby picked Levi up in Portland on Friday so he could join us to celebrate his and Josh's birthday.


Have you been to the Great Wolf Lodge?  If you have, you know that it can cause extreme sensory overload for even a person with nerves of steel.  The boys were old enough to do their own thing and Angie was asleep by 7 on Saturday night.  Guess what time Toby and I went bed?  I think it was 7:10.  We both came down with a cold/flu/sinus bug last week so we were grateful for an early night.

Angie LOVED the waterpark, although she was quite nervous about being knocked down.  When I was away-Toby sent me to the spa:)-Toby took her down a ride in a raft with the boys. Not something I would have done, but he is a FUN parent!


On Sunday morning, I took Levi and Angie down to Starbucks.  We waited in line with about 50 other exhausted families.  Angie was antsy and Levi kept her occupied while we waited.  When we
reached the front, I asked Levi to take Angie to the side to wait for me.  The woman behind me tapped my shoulder.  She said, "I have been watching your family and your son is so good with her.  He is such a good brother".  You know what, she is so right.  Levi is a kind, caring,wonderful child.  How nice when someone else notices.  The woman told me that her daughter has Down syndrome and she hopes that her older son will someday be as good with her.  Oh, my heart!



This weekend meant a lot to me.  I forgot to say that there was a large Down Syndrome group at the lodge this weekend and it was heartwarming to see other families raising children with special needs enjoying a typical family activity.  I already knew, but I was impacted by how much they were just like any other family.  Like my family.

It was so nice for all of us to be together this weekend.  Even though it was crazy and exhausting, we were a family, and that is all that matters.



No comments:

Post a Comment