Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Hero

I know, here I am writing two days in a row but I could not let another day go by before I share this.......See this guy?

He is my hero.  This man is the most amazing husband and father in the world.  We have been together since we were babies, really (well, 17 and 18) and I never imagined what our lives would look like 26 years later or how much I would still adore him.  Women get together and bash their husbands every so often.  It is kind of like a sport, and that is fine.  But I can honestly say that I have never been able to participate.  He is just too good.  Don't get me wrong, I realize no one is perfect and it will always drive me crazy that he leaves his clothes on the floor and wipes his face on the kitchen towel (gross!), but I respect him far too much to trash him to my girlfriends, or anyone else.  He has done too much for me.

This man comes home early when he can hear in my voice that I am having a rough day.  He rearranges his schedule to attend important meetings for the kids.  When our daughters lock their keys in their cars, REPEATEDLY, he rescues them without complaint.  He tells me I look great even when I know that my current look is more "up all night with the baby" than Hot Mama.  He is my best friend and the person I run to with my good news and my troubles.

Today we had back-to-back IEP meetings for Levi and Angie.  Both kids had a rough start to the school year and Toby and I were not sure what we would hear today.  The meetings went well and we were impressed by the teamwork that occurred to ensure that our kids' needs were met at school.  The teams will be doing some evaluations to assess where the kids may need more help or extra support. Toby advocated for both kids and his compassion and true love for both kids came through as he spoke.  I don't know if I have ever loved him more.

Not to take away from this rambling post about my amazing husband, but I want to share that our school staff ROCKS!   Despite the nightmare stories that circulate about IEP meetings, that has never been our experience and we are thankful that God plucked us down in Clatskanie to raise our family.  Our children are in the exact environment that they need to be and the people they spend their days with truly care about helping them become successful.  I could not ask for more.

Tonight, as I lay down to sleep, I will thank my God for His goodness in giving me Toby for my husband and for drawing us to this wonderful town filled with love and compassion. I am one lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment