Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Bella Fund

When Angie was an infant, a woman approached me in Costco and gave me a business card for her organization, the Bella Fund.  Named after her daughter, the organization was dedicated to providing "safe beds" for children with special needs.  For families with children at risk for safety issues at night, these beds make the difference between sleepless nights and exhaustion, and having enough rest to meet the child's needs during the day.  I thanked her but knew that this would never be a need for my family.

I couldn't have been more wrong.  When I met Kristy, Angie had not had her first seizure yet.  Three years later, Angie had finished rehab after her brain surgery and we were very much concerned about her safety at night.  Her sleep/wake cycles were completely scrambled by the surgery and the weeks spent in the hospital environment.  Add to that challenges with motor skills, balance, and vision and you have a recipe for a safety disaster in the evening hours.  We needed a "safe bed".  Some of you know this story as I have written about it in the past.  We found the card from the Bella Fund buried in a kitchen drawer and they miraculously had a bed that was ready within two weeks-and they GAVE it to Angie!



Angie's Bella Bed has been such a blessing.  The greater blessing, though, is that she no longer needs it!  Our girl has come so far!  We have decided that it is time for Miss Angie to have a regular bed and today I contacted Kristy who is the founder of Bella Beds.  Are you ready to hear the miracle?  There is a little one waiting for a bed right now.  Am I surprised?  Not a bit.  This is exactly how God has worked through Angie's life all long.  I knew before I opened her email that this is what it would reveal.



I am so excited.  Excited for Angie to take the next step towards increased independence and excited for a family who has an unmet need but will soon be sleeping soundly at night.  Our God is amazing.  If you didn't think so before, I hope He has changed your mind through the work He is doing through Angie and others around you.  There are no coincidences.  Only miracles and perfect, timely intervention.  Have a good night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment