Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Well, Hello, February

As I hoped, February is off to a much better start than last month.  First of all, this happened:



Angie received a Golden Paw award at school for Empathy.  I could not be more proud.  Each month, the school chooses a different quality to identify award winners.  Of all of qualities, empathy is my favorite. How amazing for a child who could easily throw a pity party every day (and occasionally, she does!) to possess empathy for her friends.

Levi came home Saturday for an overnight visit.  We are learning this new life as we go and the weekend taught us what our next steps are.  It was good to have everyone under one roof and we had a great dinner with lots of laughs.



Then, there was this guy:


He made me so proud.  Josh was asked to read a long section of scripture in church on Sunday.  As most teenage boys would do, he resisted strongly.  But, being Josh, he accepted the request.  He and his friend, Madeline, took turns reading and they both did an excellent job doing something that was outside of their comfort zone.  They read loud and clearly and did not stumble.  He has endured a difficult few months and he has risen above the challenges time after time.  I am so grateful to have him for my son.

Kirsten and Jordan were both able to visit this weekend.  I treasure their visits because we are all so busy that it is hard to get together.  I love that they want to attend their siblings' special events.  It is such a blessing to have adult children become good friends too.

Four days into February and it hasn't all been good.  There have been disappointments and I have disappointed others.  I hate that.  I am so grateful that God gives me a new beginning every single day, even when I disappoint.  This is going to be a good month, I think. One day at a time.



































No comments:

Post a Comment