Wednesday, April 29, 2015

It feels a little bit like we are on a runaway train these days.  So much going on, I don't even know where to begin....

We have another sort-term visitor in our home.  I have said this before, but this time I am really blown away.  For the first time, my work life and foster care have intersected in an unexpected way.  The child in our home is a child who was previously on my caseload when I was a Family Resource Coordinator.  He left my center almost two years ago and I never dreamed we would meet again this way.  This little guy has extreme special needs and we will care for him for a short time until he can be settled in a suitable placement.  Toby and I are overwhelmed by the emotions this child creates in us.  He is sweet, engaging, expressive, and completely nonverbal.  He has unlimited potential and he will need someone to take the time to nurture and encourage his growth.  Please keep this special boy in your prayers.  He needs someone to love him unconditionally and to dedicate themselves to his cause.

Angie, our own special angel, is absolutely thriving.  She amazes me every day and she has grown so much this year.  This girl is so ready for first grade that it is almost a shame she has to wait.  I have to share that the compassion that Angie has for our little guy makes me tear up as I watch her.  She is so nurturing and kind that I truly want to cry. You are probably tired of hearing this, but really, God sent sent this child as a gift, a teacher for us all.  She is unbelievable.

There is so much that I can't share, because my family's privacy is so important to me.  The past few weeks have been life-changing for me.  We are undergoing long-awaited healing on so many fronts.  I can't wait to share it all.

For now, know that we need your prayers.  Angie is having tests and evaluations that will determine which treatments she will have in the future.  We continue to battle insurance denials.  Don't even get me started on that subject!  Levi has had some testing at school this week that could provide important information for him.  Kirsten passed her nursing licensing exam this week and is deciding how to move forward.  Josh needs normal parenting guidance, which we barely remember how to give. Never a dull moment in the Harris house!

Please know how much we treasure your prayers and kind thoughts.  We are no different than any other family, we just share our struggles here with you.  Everyone is struggling, and we know that.  Life is hard and we need each other.  I hope you will send me a private message if I can help or support you in any way.  Until then...........you will be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment